Saturday, August 01, 2009

Thots about life so far . . . . .

Its been 6 months since my last post
alot of things had happened in a way or two for the past half a year . . .

i have been overseas for 3 months where new ideas and people have presented themselves infront of me . . . kinda makes me wonder what it would take for me to say " i have lived my life this once . . . "

this made me remembered a quote i heard from a movie:

" Our Deepest Fear is not that we are inadequate. Our Deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about Shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine as children do. Its not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others . . . "

So have we been hiding behind this darkness or have we been in the light?
I see people leading a life from 8-5 each day, which i myself have been leading so far as well.
It makes me wonder if this is life in a nutshell, how can we make our lives truly worth living.
I mean after all, you don't take a shot at LIFE again . .



I recently helped my neighbour who was a fraile old man up the stairs . . .
how much of a pale comparison of him now and him 10 years ago . . .
It just dawned on me how severely we had taken time for granted as thou time was infinte . . .
So how have we really spend our time? We have to adopt this time is not limited mindset . . . otherwise we'll all just let our life wither away unconciously. . .

Another thing about life is its unexpectancies ...
for example, my dept just went through a round of manpower restructuring where i was thrown into a new environment, new scope, new responsibilities . . come monday, i would be operating in a totally new environment with all the same people . . . and with the current situation who knows what changes can happen?

Seems like the only constant thing in the world is ~ " Change", there is nothing that won't change over time, everything changes, people, surroundings, situations, experiences . . so how do we deal with change?
Resist or embrace?

wow, thats some heavy stuff we have there . . but i do hope whoever gets to read this has made u stop in your track and think about LIFE, TIME & CHANGE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home