Friday, January 05, 2007

A fruitful 2006

Yup, yup . . its finally 2007. Since my last entry in late december 2006 its been like 3-4 weeks since i last updated my blog . . So here i am once again to update u out there on how life has been for me in this recent times.

well since i came back from australia, i have been clearing leave and stuff (before they get eaten away because i did not use them) . . have been typing some resume and looking out for job offers . .

however as much as i want to get started with my life, there's something holding me back . .

is it the fear of the unknown and leaving this "comfy" zone?
is it the fear of not knowing what i am going to do next?
is it the fear of not living up to the expectations that others and i had laid on myself ??

Should i get all this thing sort out first before i plunge into mediocre life of 8-5 everyday?
Or should i just plunge in and experience what life has in store for me?

Haha, how come everytime i have something so abstract to share one ? LoLz, well it at least keeps me preoccupied i guess . . .

well so much for this . . and as i was saying updates of events . .

22th Dec

Woke up pretty early to go for my dental FFI at kranji camp . .
as usual i had to wait for like 1 hr for my number to be called and the inspection was done only like in less than a min . . this thing never changes i guess cause i experience this when i was doing the dental ffi for my disruption in 2003, well as they always say : " the players have changed, but the game remains " . .

But hey its the army . . not much expectations. Thou the wait was long but yet the heart of light, because by going for your dental FFI it just signifies that u are ever inching closer to your ORD.

Well after that, i had to rush down to bedok for yet another event. It was my branch's cohesion cum pre-X'mas celebrations :)
ZM and XX

The Whole Gang

Playing With our bosses's kids

Haha, ZM gave me X'mas present wor, but i didn't prepare for him, so paiseh :P
He gave me an orange adidas wristband. And XX gave me an orange dice-shaped handphone holder(on an earlier date). Below are pics of what i got . .

ZM's gift
XX's Gift
ZY's "Poh Heng" Gift

For the X'mas present exchange at my DY's house, i was "lucky" enuff to pick the present that ZY prepared. It came in a POH HENG bag, and when we saw that for the first time, we were all going like . . "wah, this is the gift of the day siah".

I really felt lucky to have picked his present coz i was also curious to find out what he actually got . . coz can't be POH HENG mah . . . well it was a lucky glass elephant . . haha, to everyone's "disappointment" that it wasn't POH HENG . . it was the first time i went for a X'mas exchange like that where we had to pick a number and stuff . . coz normally its a i give u, u give me kind for me . . . enjoyed it.

Next up, me and the rest of the guys went to cineleisure for a game of counter-strike . . my skills has really deteoriated over the years . . always got frag by the ZY (at least 95% of the time) . .

Well after that we met up with some other guys from camp to have a drink at Clarke Quay as a pre-X'mas celebrations. After much debating and voting and sorting out our differences we finally decided to Brewerkz.
@ Brewekz

Dinner at coffee-club


Didnt ate much coz i ate earlier at coffee-club express. Only ordered a jug of "screw-driver" (vodka+orange juice . . just in case u duno (^-^)) to share amongst the guys. The other ordered red wine.As per norm we were crapping and trying to get XX, WJ, ZY drunk . . Haha.

Oh ya . . one thing very funny, Edwin and WJ came in the same shirt but different colour . . tok about coincidences(ps: they didn't bought it together), hee :P . . better not post their pic without their consent, althou i did tok their pics . . LoLz. After that we went for more booze at another pub in clarke quay till 2-3am. Its been like a long long time since i last went to pubbing with my frens, it was a truly enjoyable day.

25th Dec

Jingle bells, jingle bells . . . Jingle all the way :)
Merry Xmas folks. Had breakfast at Delifrance with sis, dad and my little princess. Mum didn't want to join us . . Haiz. Had a long day yesterday since i was doing duty on Xmas eve :(
But the good breakfast did lifted me up alittle. . untill this crazy little princess wanted to make sushi on that day . . and since she being the little princess around my house, we have to obliged since we dote on her too much. Think i did something really evil that day, she was asking for Xmas present and instead i counter-offered her something else, we made a pact that if she can get grades of my liking for her exams in sec 2, i would get her a ipod nano. Guess this is the only way since she has not intend to get in pure science class, i got to force her to something . . Haha, lets hope she understand this good intention of mine . . .
Merry Xmas Folks

Whipping Up A meal

Attempting a new kind of susi :)

1st JaN 2007

Woke Up early, becoz my niece (the latest addition to the family) Amelia was having her party over at Cafe Vic in Carlton Hotel. Its been so long since i have seen my niece. My mum was taking care of her for my cousin till her maid arrives. She went home when i was in australia, she's a cute little girl with big big eyes . . Haha, and my has she grown (more fleshy) since i last saw here . . she' a bit fairer now and even cuter than before. This child is gonna be one lucky gal i tell u . . she is going to have the best stuff around, but come to think of it, her parents would be demanding alot from her as well . . but thats in the future, for now all i can say is "Welcome to this world and enjoy your stay" She smiled at me when i called her . . Haha, So cute :)

Amelia before i left for OZ

Amelia at her Party:)

2nd Jan 2007

Having an IA gathering at brewekz. All toking about jobs and stuff . . i felt so left out :(
no common topic, but later we were all toking about anime and stuff and crapping all over . . Haha, just like when we were all back in Micron, crapping and toking bout anime while having our meals together :) Took some pics of that day too :)





3rd Jan 2007

My BoiBoi is going to toddler's class . . Its His first day at sch :) But he didnt let me take a foto of him in his first uniform . . HaizZz . . :(

4th Jan 2007

Hello Pink IC, I Missed U

The Entire Branch

THis day has gotta be a major milestone in my life. It ORD date . . this is a day i have waited since enlistment in 27 Aug 2001. Now i am finally a NS-men. No more regimental duties, no more worries, no more area cleaning, morning and aftenoon roll calls, no more cookhouse food, no more staying in and wasting my time away !!!!

But looking back, it has some way or another forge who i am and my perspective of how i view stuff. Some i woul like to carry with me into my days ahead and some i have to seriously get it outta my system :)

But i glad that because of this experience, i have gotten to know more people and made alot of frens along the way. Especially in this half-year that i was back to fufill my obligations, it has truly been a very intellectually enriching and i got to know some very interesting individuals :) who have one way or another influence how i am going to view the world ahead of me. Special thanks to Bracer for all his inspiring conversations that we had. You are never to old to learn new things or are you too young to share or teach others something. Keep an open mind and your world would be one of fulfilment and enjoyment :)

Another great experience would be going to australia for my overseas exercise. Casting the outfield and in-camp days aside, the trip in rockhampton was very enjoyable and every min has been etched into my memory that i will cherish and treasure. And Australians are very very friendly :) . . but most of all the scenary so untouched by urbanization which has awed me the most . . the stars in the sky at nite, truly amazing. Prash even suggested that we go back there on our own accord for back-packing :)

Wait for me guys, give me a few years to save up and i'll be there with u guys . . hee :)


wow, i should really update my blog more often . . doing periodic updates like that can serious turn me off . . haha. Well hope u guys had a fruitful 2006 because i know i did :)

and as we move towards into the year 2007, may all your future paths be filled interesting stuff and events \(^-^)/

till next time :)

RT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home